Tecan’s flexible tooling and manufacturing facilitates the production of custom screening cans, fences and enclosures – from simple box designs to complex multi-cavity structures. Profiles and performance characteristics can be tailored to suit individual applications and manufacturing requirements.
cans, fences and enclosures
- Dividing walls
- Spring-finger lids
- Simple fold lids
- Five-sided enclosures
- Full enclosures
- Screening meshes
Parts are compatible with all standard production requirements, including surface-mount, pick and place and reflow assembly. Their inherent mechanical accuracy and consistency often eliminates the need for separate assembly operations or post-reflow rework.
- cost-effective, flexible tooling
- fast prototypes to large volume production
- magnetic and other material properties unaffected
- supplied individually or tagged to a sheet
- logos, part numbers, lap joints etc can be etched
RFI /EMI shielding
- Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) and Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) screening is a key design consideration for electronics engineers. Further regulation, miniaturisation, and mobile connectivity have increased demands on both the complexity and importance of effective screening.
To assist electronics engineers with EMC compliance, Tecan has developed a suite of cost-effective
which draw upon its 50-year precision chemical etching experience. Chemical etching is a subtractive process, based around photolithography and acid etching, which is ideal for manufacturing precision metal parts in prototype through to high volume quantities. It has a number of advantages over alternative methods for manufacturing RFI/EMI screening products, including:
- Low cost, film-based tooling, unaffected by design complexity and easily modified
- Burr and stress-free finished product, preventing corrosion and ensuring good flat contact with track surface
- Part-etch bend lines, negating the need for ‘hard’ form tools
- Choice of metals – including non-ferrous metals required for hi-frequency applications
- Plating finishes are applied when all profiling is completed, so all ‘machined’ edges of the profile are fully protected and prepared for efficient soldering