Where appropriate, Tecan can use small tags (also known as tabs or tie-ins) to hold multiple components in a larger sheet of metal.
This process enables us to efficiently produce large numbers of precision parts with tight tolerances in a single process. We can supply your components either individually where they are removed from a sheet or still tagged to the sheet for you to remove on site.
We offer a number of tagging options dependent on component size and shape, how it will be used and how thick it needs to be. From there, we can assess which variant is most appropriate for your requirements.
tagging and supplying in-sheet allows for:
- Better process control on small components
- Reduced process steps
- Improved etch tolerance
- Traceability of each component
- More efficient packaging and in-transit protection
- More efficient plating capability
- Consistent repeatability
- Cost savings
- Improved cosmetic results
- Reduced production cycle times